Thursday 25 November 2021

A morning Walk - at Coorg

 


Past few months I have been walking daily, conscious that to remain healthy it is necessary.  Touch wood, I have been consistent.  I have done three things: 

1  set smart goals (move, exercise, stand) 

2  built routines to achieve the goals  

3  wife and son gifted me an Apple Watch that allows me to track progress! 

Feel quite tickled with the unsolicited but welcome encouraging messages and digital medals of achievement I have since totalled up. Who says we are not beggars for recognition.  Good learning for me as well, given I am an Executive Coach!  

Back to the video now.  I could not help ruminating that this was not the first time I have found myself with my spouse on a short walk like this.  What was the first time, is that I was present to the walk, in the here and now.  Earlier, I would have been happy that I was taking a walk, but my fleeting mind would be elsewhere - lost in some past event, or think furiously about an upcoming event.  

To be fair, back then, my mind was on hire to someone else - a salaried practitioner and with it came structure, commands and anxieties, some my own and others imported. Now, the time is my own and I am my own boss! This has dramatically impacted the way in which I have held achievement, recognition, influence, power and relationships.  More importantly, it had changed the way, I which I wish to show up in the world.  

Walking thru the woods, (along with a dog, Ginger who came along for a mile and the turned and went back) I reflected on the enormous abundance and beauty of nature.  Everything, just is, living, alive, till it inevitably dies.  Life and death go on unceasingly in the grand Leela of life.  Trees grow, insects crawl, winds blow, flowers (African daises) fall on the path, slowly rot and fade into the soil.  

Life has no Meaning, it just is.  Everything in nature has a Rtha - a natural law.  I wish I could grasp it more fully.  How ironical, wishing for meaning, to something so significant.  

I am left with one thought: it could be different.  So very different, but the fact it is, right now, what it is, is significant.  This very moment, in the way, nature has organised everything, with me, being in it, here, now, is a precious gift.  A gift so unimaginable, so abundant in its offering, so loving on its embrace.  To this moment, I am ever grateful, privileged.  

As I write this, a chirping draws my attention someplace there.  I pause look up and resolve to be here.  So I gently end here.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me with your reflections, observations and perspectives. Please do share. Thanks, Steve